Teeth Whitening Wattle Glen – Evercare Dental Group
Evercare Dental offer local Wattle Glen residents teeth whitening & teeth bleaching services in their Eltham & Bulleen Dental Clinics.
Teeth Whitening or teeth bleaching is a treatment process that restores stained or discoloured teeth or single tooth to a healthy, natural color.
What causes teeth discolouration?
Teeth become discolored for different reasons:
- Frequently drinking coffee, tea, or red wine causes teeth discoloration.
- Some antibiotics may darken developing teeth in children.
- Aging – The dentin underneath the enamel of a tooth gradually darkens with age causing teeth coloration.
- Use of tobacco products also causes generalized teeth discoloration.
- Accidents – If a tooth has been traumatized, sometimes the nerve will gradually “die,” and the tooth becomes dark causing tooth discoloration.
- After Root Canal Therapy, a tooth will generally darken with time due to loss of nerve supply causing tooth discoloration.
Depending on the cause the discoloration the treatment options vary. At Evercare Dental Group we offer two types of bleaching techniques:
Office bleach:- for teeth where the staining is of intrinsic nature, office bleaching is the recommended method to whiten the teeth. Intrinsic staining refers to the discoloration found on teeth which have no nerve (either due to trauma or/and root canal treatment). The dentist is required to bleach the tooth from the inside to obtain the desired appearance on the outside.
Home bleach:- The take home system. This type of effective bleaching is most commonly used for patients wanted to whiten all their teeth. On your first visit we will take an impression of your upper and lower teeth. A custom made tray is then fabricated which fits perfectly over your teeth. You will be provided with a professional take home kit which contains the bleaching gel, which you apply into the custom made trays. The process only takes 30 minutes over 3 days.
The degree of whitening will vary from patient to patient, depending no the intial shade of the teeth. Tooth whitening is not permanent; the whitening process will need to be repeated every 12 – 18 months to keep your teeth at the shade you desire. The professional bleaching kit which is provided has a number of bleaching gel ampules which can last you for a number of reapplications.